Skip to content
- On the Determinants of International Variation in Technical Efficiency: Estimates from a Frontier Production Function, with Ron Moomaw and Andreas Savvides. Presented at the Southern Economics Association Meetings. Baltimore, MD (November 1998).
- On the Determinants of Technical Efficiency in Oklahoma Schools: A Stochastic Frontier Approach, with Ron Moomaw. Presented at the Western Economics Association Meetings, Lake Tahoe, NV (June 29 – July 2, 1998).
- Bayesian Model Selection: An Application in Urban Economics, with Eric Tien and Ron Moomaw. Presented at the Southern Economics Association Meetings, New Orleans, LA (November 1999).
- Regional Technical Efficiency in Europe, with Ron Moomaw. Presented at the Western Economics Association Meetings, Vancouver, Canada (July 2000).
- Test Statistics and Critical Values in Selectivity Models, with Carter Hill and Keith Bender. Presented at the Southern Economics Association Meetings, New Orleans, LA (November 2002). More information on this paper can be found at Carter’s website: click here.
- Bootstrap Inference in Heteroscedastic Sample Selection Models: A Monte Carlo Investigation, with R. Carter Hill. Presented as the Southern Economics Association Meetings, New Orleans, LA (November 2004).
- Analyzing the Technical Efficiency of School Districts, with Ron Moomaw. Presented at the Missouri Valley Economics Association Meetings, Kansas City, MO (27 October 2005).
- Small Sample Performance of Instrumental Variables Probit Estimators: A Monte Carlo Investigation. Presented at the Joint Statistical Meetings, Denver, CO (3 August 2008). Presentation Slides.
- An Instrumental Variables Probit Estimator using gretl. Presented at the Gretl Conference 2009, Bilbao Spain (28 May 2009). Presentation Slides.
- Monte Carlo Experiments Using gretl: a primer with examples. Presented at the Gretl Conference, Torun Poland (16 June 2011).
- WEAI 2010 Conference: Applied Econometrics Session papers
- Monte Carlo Experiments Using Stata. Presented at Advances in Econometrics Conference, Baton Rouge, LA (April 2012). Slides.
- Remittances and Income Diversification in Bolivia’s Rural Sector, with Naneida Lazarte-Alcala, Bidisha Lahiri, and Andreas Savvides.
- RLS Stein-rule: a gretl function package
Using Stata for Principles of Econometrics, 4th edition
Gretl (HANSL) scripts